Sunday 15 November 2009

iPhone Application - Life Goals


iPhone Application - Life Goals

It looks like Apple has accepted me (or Kintarla Pty Ltd to be precise) as a new iPhone Developer - Hurrah!

As this is my first program written in Objective C and Cocoa Touch, I'm keeping things fairly simple. The plan is to release a goal setting application before the 1st Jan 2010.

I'm finding Objective C to be quite a bit different to C#. The way that methods are handled is doing my head in but after a week or so of concentrated effort it is starting to make sense.

The Icon in the title page screen shot is a west African symbol of life transformation called SESA WO SUBAN. It means to "change or transform your character." You can learn more about these symbols at http://www.adinkra.org/htmls/graphics.htm

To get everyone in a goal setting mood for New Years, I'm collecting relevant quotes. Here are a few to get you started ...

Goal Setting Quotes

"Success is 99% failure." - Soichiro Honda

"You are never too old to set another goal or dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis

1 comment:

  1. Dear David,
    My name is Jim Hollis and I am the direct and innovation incubator for an education non profit in San Francisco.
    We are building (with foundation money) a youth centered, online mentoring environment for public education. We have been looking for a goal setting piece and i have been very intriged with your work.
    Please email me at jhollis@pivotlearningpartners.org. Id love to discuss how we might use your tool as an addition or a native application on our platform.

    Warm Regards,

    Jim Hollis

    ReplyDelete